Atlanta Traffic Ticket Lawyers
In Georgia, traffic violations are issued for moving and non-moving offenses, depending on the action of the car when ticketed. While generally less serious than moving violations, non-moving violations can include parking tickets, citations for improper equipment, or inadequate information on a vehicle registration.
Highly regarded among traffic ticket attorneys in Atlanta, Jim Michael can help with non-moving traffic tickets, including the following:
- Illegal parking: Parking in a fire lane, handicapped or other prohibited zone
- Improper license tags: Expired or missing license plates
- Equipment violations: Missing mirrors, broken head or tail lights, and inappropriately tinted windows
- Expired parking: Parking without payment
Traffic ticket attorney in Atlanta
Located in Atlanta, Jim Michael is a knowledgeable criminal law attorney with years of successful experience challenging traffic violations of all types for clients throughout Georgia.
While getting a ticket for illegal parking or another non-moving violation may seem straightforward, oftentimes it is not the case. Parking tickets are common, but sometimes not warranted.
Contact a lawyer for information or consider these tips when you receive a parking or other traffic ticket in Atlanta:
- Compliance: If your traffic ticket involved expired registration, license tags, or equipment violations, you can apply to have your ticket administratively reduced to an ordinance violation after the irregularity has been corrected. Ordinance violations in DeKalb County are not reported to the state and carry a reduced fine. You must apply in person no less than 10 days after receipt of ticket, and 10 days before your court date.
- Parking tickets: Avoiding parking tickets is easier than beating them. If ticketed make sure the citation is correctly filled out, and includes accurate information about your car. If you parked illegally, check that the parking area, or curb, was appropriately and clearly identified as a limited or no-parking zone. Try not park without paying the meter if you arrive just before the time limit for paid parking.
- Disputing the ticket: If you dispute a ticket—include evidence. Experienced Atlanta traffic ticket lawyers advise you take photographs to support your claim, like missing or dilapidated signage. Take pictures from various angles, and make sure the pictures are convincing on the point you are trying to make.
If you receive an unwarranted traffic ticket, for illegal parking, or other traffic violation, or have ignored a traffic ticket too long, Jim Michael is a traffic attorney dedicated to assisting clients challenge inappropriate citations, and expensive traffic fines, in Georgia.
Contact a skilled attorney for help with traffic tickets in Atlanta
Practicing in Georgia for over 17 years, Jim Michael is an experienced criminal and traffic lawyer in Atlanta. Working to eliminate or reduce charges against clients for traffic violations, including speeding tickets and traffic tickets, Jim Michael serves clients in the following counties:
Contact Jim online today, or call 404-857-4059 to set up a free consultation.